A few weeks ago I wrote about an amazing gluten free and low glycemic cookbook I found. What’s great about this cookbook is that the recipes are also Candida diet friendly.
Most can be made while on a yeast free diet with the rest acceptable during the maintenance phase of a Candida Diet. Golden Chalice Roasted Red Pepper Hummus is one such recipe provided courtesy of Debbie Johnson the author of Fun with GF/LG Foods , to encourage Candida dieters to try the rest of her amazing recipes by purchasing her cookbook.
Candida Eliminating Ingredients
- 1 cup organic Garbanzo Beans or to simplify, 2 cups canned organic Garbanzo beans (no need to cook further if canned)
- ¼ tsp. Celtic or Himalayan Salt
- ¼ cup Purified Water or more for desired consistency
- 1 organic Red Bell Pepper, seeded and cut into squares
- 2 Tbsp. organic Tahini (sesame seed butter – health section/store)
- 1/4 cup chopped organic Parsley
- 2 Tbsp. organic Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp. organic Olive Oil
- 1 clove crushed organic Garlic
- Soak overnight in 3 cups Purified Water: 1 cup organic Garbanzo Beans, unless using canned.
- Rinse and cook 1 cup organic Garbanzos Beans (unless using canned) in 3 cups Purified Water with 1/2 teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt or Krystal Himalayan Salt for four hours or until very soft.
- While beans are cooking, you can prepare the rest of the recipe. Roast Peppers at 350 degrees in oven for about ten minutes or until soft. You can also roast on grill.
- Blend all ingredients in blender until smooth, reserving small amount of roasted Pepper for garnish, if you wish.
- Spread your hummus on raw, gluten-free sprouted flaxseed and veggie crackers or gluten-free almond crackers, or better yet, use the veggie chip recipe idea following this one for dipping instead of chips for the low-glycemic choice. If I really want chips or crackers, I sometimes use a combination of both the veggie chips and gluten-free crackers. That way I’m not getting as many complex carbs.
In the Fun with GF/LG Cookbook there are also variations to try with this great hummus recipe. I think this cookbook will really make following a Candida Diet a lot easier as it gives dieters many healthy, yeast free recipes such as this one.
Click here to see my review of Fun with GF/ LG Foods.