I have all but a couple of the listed symptoms for potentially having Candida overgrowth. So yes, I am definitely doing a cleanse.
I have recently been introduced to Ceritfied Pure Therapeutic Grade oil line called doTERRA. So far, I LOVE them and have seem nothing but amazing results with the many various problems I’ve treated with these oils.
I just purchased one of their products call GX Assist. It claims to be extremely effective with cleansing the body of Candidiasis.
I will be using this product for 10 days with a cleansing diet and then follow with their PB Assist+Probiotic Defense formula.
They recommend doing this monthly for a healthy digestive system and regular cleansing.
Would you research this and tell me what your professional opinion is regarding these products?
I’m always a bit leery of these “cleansing all in one” supplements as often they are over priced and for the most part unnecessary.
I took a look at GX Assist and here’s what I uncovered.
GX Assist Active Ingredients
- Oregano Oil– This herb is high in antioxidants and has been used as an anti-microbial. However, too much could also kill helpful bacteria in the intestines.
- Melalueca– This is commonly known as tea tree oil and although I recommend it externally, it’s not recommended to be taken internally as it can be toxic.
- Lemon Oil– This smells nice, but the Ohio State University studied it and found it has no effect on human immunity.
- Lemon Grass Oil– Again smells nice and adds flavor to cooking, but no evidence of anti-candida properties.
- Peppermint Oil– This soothing oil can relieve gas and has been shown to have anti-viral properties, but there’s not much evidence of yeast fighting properties.
- Thyme Oil– Contains 20-54% thymol which is a natural antiseptic, but it kills bacteria as well as fungi, so again, could kill helpful bacteria in your mouth and intestines.
- Caprylic Acid– This is the active fatty acid in coconut oil that gives it its antimicrobial properties.
I think you may be wasting your money. You could follow a sound Candida diet using natural coconut oil, and a few of the whole supplements above that are proven effective.
Also, I would say drinking kefir daily would be better and cheaper than the PB Assist and Probiotic Defense formula.
I’m not sure how long a bottle lasts, but it looks like both would cost around $80 a month.
I can’t say that they wouldn’t help or work as I have not tried them, but I do know for less money you could buy a great Candida diet plan and whole herbs from a good source.