When starting a Candida diet many struggle with eliminating many of their favorite foods.
Unfortunately most of these “comfort foods” are processed and full of sugar and refined carbs which are part of the reason for Candida overgrowth in the first place.
13 Candida Diet Staples
- Lentils- Lentils are so versatile and tasty. When combined with long grain brown rice they become a complete protein and lentils can be used in so many different recipes.
- Quinoa- This grain is a complete protein and can be used in place of rice and pasta.
- Avocado- This fruit is a powerhouse of nutrition and rich in healthy fat.
- Chia seeds- These little dynamos can also be added to many dishes to up their nutritional value.
- Coconut Oil- This healthy fat can be used in place of other oils in recipes and has amazing anti-fungal properties.
- Turmeric- This spice is a must on the Candida diet and is perfect with lentils. Don’t be afraid to cook with it in all kinds of recipes.
- Brown Long Grain Rice
- Garlic- The health properties of fresh garlic are many.
- All natural Greek Yogurt- A great source of protein, calcium and natural probiotics
- Unsweetened Taheebo Pau d’Arco tea
- Green Leafy Salads
- Fresh Lemons- They are rich in vitamin C, very low in sugar, and have an alkalizing effect on the body. Lemons make a great marinade and salad dressing option.
In time, your taste buds will change and you will actually begin craving whole, nutritious foods instead of all the garbage that is largely the western diet.
I’ve put together this list of staple foods to the Candida Eliminating diet as there are many food s to choose from, but these will give you the nutrition your body needs without feeding the hungry yeast cells.
Focus on Low Starch whole Foods
The above foods should be a large part of your diet when you are trying to eliminate yeast infections. What’s also great about the above foods is that they are so healthy for anyone regardless of whether the person is on a Candida eliminating diet or not.
These Candida diet power foods can be incorporated into so many recipes and they are foods your whole family will like eating.