The Western Diet is full of sugary and acidic foods so it’s no wonder so many people are suffering from Candida.
You could get really picky here but a Candida Diet Foods list can’t possibly cover all foods out there.
However, a rule of thumb would be to avoid sugary and acidic foods.
Candida Diet Foods Not to Eat
The below list includes Candida Diet Foods that should be eliminated or greatly reduced. Almost all processed foods should be avoided because they usually are full of sugar, refined carbs, and preservatives.
- Aged cheeses
- Alcohol (Including beer, wine, spirits, and liqueurs)
- High sugar dried and fresh fruits
- Fermented foods
- Glutenous foods (wheat, rye, barley) including pasta
- All sugars, honeys and syrups (that includes any ‘ose’, like lactose, sucrose etc)
- Foods that contain yeast or mold
- Sweetened yogurt
- Sweetened Coffee, fruit teas, and soft drinks
- Condiments that contain sugar and vinegar (ketchup, pickles, steak sauce etc.)
- Vegetables like beetroot, canned tomatoes, carrots, cucumber skins, potato skins
- Meats that come from animals fed antibiotics and hormones
- Processed frozen dinners and quick meals
- White Rice
- Artificial Sweeteners- Sucralose, aspartame, Ace-K, sugar alcohols, saccharine
Candida Foods That Help Eliminate Yeast Infections
This Candida diet foods list can help slow or inhibit candida growth. Also, yeast infection foods that strengthen the immune system and promote healthy bacterial growth are generally recommended because overgrowth occurs often after immune systems are compromised and after runs of antibiotics.
It’s helpful to take a good Candida Diet Foods list with you to the grocery store so that you can make wise choices when shopping. Candida Diet foods don’t have to be bland and boring, but there are a lot of great foods to choose from and recipes to try. These Candida Diet Foods help eliminate Candida albicans from your body.
- Green leafy Vegetables (including plenty of raw garlic),
- Protein foods (beef, chicken, eggs, fish that are antibiotic and hormone free)
- Live yogurt cultures (both dairy and non-dairy,) whey, acidophilus (non-sweetened types of yogurt)
- Green Algae (such as chlorella)
- Nuts and seeds
- Healthy oils (olive, canola, fish)
- Non-glutenous grains (like millet, brown rice, rice bran, and oat bran)
- Some fruits (10%) such as black berries, blueberries, melon and other low sugar high nutrient fruits
- Plenty of Water
- Unsweetened Taheebo Pau d’Arco tea
- Olive leaf supplement
- Pumpkin skin
- Virgin Coconut Oil
- Maqui Berry
- Fresh Avocado
- Manuka Honey
- Rooibos Tea
- Black beans
- Unsweetened hemp or almond milk
By incorporating these immune strengthening items from this Candida diet foods list into your diet and eliminating the Candida Diet foods that feed yeast infections, you can be well on your way to being yeast infection free for good by following a healhy Candida diet full of health promoting foods that are good for your body.
Click here to read our mini reviews of 9 Pre-made Candida diet programs that do most of the work for you by incorporating the above foods into an easy to follow plan that includes many other strategies for healing.