People often struggle with finding stuff they can eat for breakfast while on a Candida albicans eliminating diet.
Most people are accustomed to eating, processed cereals, breads, donuts, muffins, and other high sugar, refined wheat based foods as a way to start the day.
Unfortunately, those breakfast foods are a big part of the reason people’s bodies are riddled with Candida albicans yeast.
Breakfast doesn’t have to be just eggs everyday, but it does have to be adjusted.
10 Candida Diet Breakfast Foods
- Organic non sugar cured pork or turkey bacon
- Organic free range eggs
- Hot quinoa cereal w/coconut milk
- Steel cut oatmeal w/stevia and almonds
- Omelets (spinach, peppers, garlic, oregano, cilantro, non-aged goat cheese, cayenne pepper are all great fillings)
- Organic, no sugar added fresh sausage
- Long grain brown rice pudding w/coconut milk
- Hemp protein shake made with kefir
- Plain Greek yogurt, sliced almonds, and blackberries or raspberries
- Yeast free, gluten free sprouted grain toast and butter.
I recently developed a great recipe for Power Eggs. These eggs fuel and nurish your body, but are low in carbs and have almost no sugar.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and these give you the fuel your body needs and all of the vitamins and antioxidants in these Power eggs, help strengthen your immune system in order to help eliminate Candida.
Feel free to experiment with different veggie combinations as I do this to switch things up and keep breakfast from becoming boring.
As you can see from the above list, breakfast while on a Candida diet doesn’t have to be boring.
I will warn you that more time for preparation will be required for some of the mentioned foods, but some advance planning will make things easier.
For instance, you could cook a big batch of quinoa on the weekend and store it in the fridge for quick breakfasts later in the week.
Also, go to your famers markets and local butchers as this is the best way to source local produce, good meats and eggs that are generally cleaner and healthier than the mass produced food that fills supermarkets.
Can you think of any other great Candida diet breakfast foods to add to the list above?